The style I paint in is known as Impressionistic Realism.  It’s a versatile yet challenging mode of expression through which the poetry of a subject is preserved and paramount. To find eternal balance in the elegant dance of light and form is my highest inspiration.  Through the congruence of our visual vocabulary and shared human experience, I am able to imply detail without overstating it. Brushwork and palette knife together create a textural Impressionism and paint quality which entice a closer look, while it is through a little distance that my paintings become Realistic portals into a time and place. Painted like memories of the “here and now,” they depict the variety of life in the 21st Century and often include man-made objects, figures, or animals. Through my work, I sincerely hope to remind and inspire others to take time to see just how amazing this existence is. Enjoy.

10 Comments

1. zoe March 12, 2015 at 9:41 am #

Joshua, my husband and i had the opportunity of meeting you at your salida studio last weekend…just wanted to let you know that i appreciated the calendar you gave us so i could enjoy your work a little longer…your paintings are truly beautiful..
    zoe and greg

2. barbara March 14, 2015 at 12:42 am #

Hi Joshua.

Lots of interest, have an M.D. looking at two pieces and another couple from last night..seems like the vertical is a big hit. Loved the waterfall piece that you sent to my phone. (Sorry, I didn’t respond right away as this is root canal week). Would love for you to send it. Remember you took photo’s of these paintings that you consigned to me? Could you please just send the pictures..my phone camera is jammed and than I can get these out right away.

Good things..take care,
    Barbara

3. R Yvonne Colclasure May 17, 2015 at 10:33 am #

You amaze me. I knew you were really good when I took the mini workshop from you at the first Plein Air Moab, but your work is beyond incredible! I can’t even imagine where you will be with it in another 10 years!! Master of masters. You are truly an inspiration in all aspects of your artistic life. If I could be a tenth as good as you, I would be happy. Best of everything to you. Yvonne

4. joyce Snyder June 5, 2015 at 4:23 pm #

I love your work and your easel. I tried to contact you through your website and it wouldn’t take it. I want to be remembered when you are back in production with the easel. Please keep my info and let me know. Thanks

5. Phyllis Bosomworth June 11, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

Hello
    I met you in Elizabeth City NC a few years ago. Bi purchased 3 of your small paintings and really enjoy each of them
    I want a painting of the Grand Tetons and you mentioned in some of your writings on your site about Jackson hole. I wondered if you paint the Tetons as I am sure it would be beyond beautiful. I would be very interested in seeing any you may have of my favorite mountains.
    Best to your family
    Joe and Carolyn Peel send greetings as well.
    Phyllis

6. R Yvonne Colclasure July 6, 2015 at 1:54 pm #

Josh, put me down for the All In (Little Blue Pill) Day Tripper. After looking at the way it is made on the facebook page I really want one. It is much more refined than the big bulky ones I have seen. My birthday is coming up soon, and I am going to treat myself. Let me know when and how to get the $600 to you, I assume it will be through Pay Pal like the calendars?

Yvonne

7. Liz Coomes July 17, 2015 at 2:12 pm #

Hi Josh, love your go paint video! I bought your prolific easel 3 years ago and it has served me well. I had a $5 old Italian easel I found at Goodwill that I used it on but now would like to buy a Manfrotto but am not sure which one I need. Could you please advise? See you in Sedona!
    Thanks Liz

8. Zane Mund August 3, 2015 at 9:32 am #

I would like to build your easel but your site doesn’t have the illustrations up. Can you please help me with this.

9. jbeen August 14, 2015 at 3:32 pm #

Hi Zane,
    Thanks for the feedback.. use this url:

10. Linda Bitzer August 17, 2015 at 10:52 am #

Please note my new email address….was unable to find an update on your website and do not want to miss any of your newsletters.