The style I paint in is known as Impressionistic Realism.  It’s a versatile yet challenging mode of expression through which the poetry of a subject is preserved and paramount. To find eternal balance in the elegant dance of light and form is my highest inspiration.  Through the congruence of our visual vocabulary and shared human experience, I am able to imply detail without overstating it. Brushwork and palette knife together create a textural Impressionism and paint quality which entice a closer look, while it is through a little distance that my paintings become Realistic portals into a time and place. Painted like memories of the “here and now,” they depict the variety of life in the 21st Century and often include man-made objects, figures, or animals. Through my work, I sincerely hope to remind and inspire others to take time to see just how amazing this existence is. Enjoy.

10 Comments

1. Carl Judson September 28, 2015 at 12:11 pm #

Josh,
    If you would be interested in discussing the possibility of working with Guerrilla Painter in some capacity with some of your merchandise line, perhaps we could set aside some time at Sedona? We work with many factories in China and the US. We also have excellent distribution connections including Amazon, Blick, Cheap Joes, Jerry’s and more. I’ll leave you with this to chew on and maybe we’ll have something to talk about. In the meantime, my cell is 970-271-5759. See you there.
    Best,
    Carl

2. Shane Moad October 2, 2015 at 9:25 am #

Hi Joshua, just wanted to say I have really enjoyed viewing your work and watching your videos. I am an artist down here in Western Austraila but enjoyed the American landscape immensely! I hope to get over again soon to paint at the Grand Canyon!
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi and wish you continued success.
    All the best,

Shane

3. Mary December 11, 2015 at 1:27 pm #

Is it possible to get 5 of the miniature frames in 6x 8?

4. Jean Ranstrom December 16, 2015 at 9:52 am #

I am so very impressed with your paintings, the delicate color and versatile treatment o paint strokes all lead to paintings that’ll you speak to me and some that take my breath away! Thank you for sharing them.
    I have also just ordered some of your plein air products as a Christmas gift to myself to celebrate another of life.
    Last Feb. my heart stopped and after three tries , medics got a pulse, I spent ten days in the hospital where thereputic hypothermia was used to increase my chances of recovery and here I am painting away. I am excited to use my new products.

5. Jean Ranstrom December 16, 2015 at 9:55 am #

6. Buck Ingram January 4, 2016 at 11:24 am #

Hello Josh,

Was up fishing the canyon on Dec. 17-19. Fred at the Palace told me you moved just down the street, sorry I missed you.

Your painting ‘Golden Browns’; is that a fly fisherman in the middle and is that in Big Horn Sheep Canyon? Sure looks like it.

I still would like one like it with the Fly fisherman in it. You may remember the one that was sold but still hanging in the Palace a few years back, you told me the buyer was making payments. That was my favorite.

Happy New Year and I’ll see you next trip up, you’ll remember me when you see me.

Buck

7. Shirlee Johnson January 16, 2016 at 8:00 am #

Tried to join up on your email newsletter and can’t seem to do the numbers and letters right..Is there another way for me to sign up..my friend also tried and she can’t get through either..Shirlee Johnson

8. Lesley Koenig January 29, 2016 at 9:49 am #

Dear Joshua,
    Thank you for creating such cool products. You are a very talented artist of different disciplines!
    I’m interested in The Fly on the Wall but have a couple of questions. I sent a direct message with questions to your Instagram page.
    Please excuse my invasion if your IG was intended for personal commenting.
    I was wondering if this easel would also accommodate low profile (1/2″-5/8″). canvases. If, while painting, a small strip of wood is taped BEHIND the canvas at the point where the metal clip holds the substrate in place, would that keep the clip from making an indent on the stretched canvas? What about panels that are 3/8-1/2″?
    Mixing area: would it be possible to use the wings for extra mixing area on occasion, if protected with palette paper?
    Are you still offering the $50. discount on the easels?

Regards,

Lesley Koenig

9. jbeen February 1, 2016 at 10:49 am #

That darn captcha widget thingee!! ahhhhhh. so sorry, I’ll add ya.

10. Michael Hudlow February 27, 2016 at 8:19 am #