'Alpine Glare' 29x56 Oil on Linen'The Good Advice' 16x10 Oil on Linen'Kit Carson' 60x80 Oil on Linen'The M and M's' 10x12 Oil on Linen 'Through Afternoon Shadows' 24x24 Oil on Linen'Up For Anything' 36x24 Oil on Linen'October on the Arkansas' 42x58 Oil on Linen'Mount Princeton' 24x24 Oil on Linen'Aspen Trio' 12x12 Oil on Linen'A Collision Of Seasons' 24x36 Oil on Linen'The Cleanup' 12x24 Oil on Linen'Watch Your Step' 24x8 Oil on Linen'Concentration' 10x8 Oil on Linen'Sunset On The Confluence' 30x60 Oil on Linen'Silver Shadows' 30x24 Oil on Linen'Ins and Outs' 24x8 Oil on Linen'Cascading Patterns' 20x30 Oil on Linen'Under The Banyan Tree' 8x24 Oil on Linen'Canyon Riders' 12x24 Oil on Linen'Temple Shapes' 24x30 Oil on Linen'Soul Searcher' 22x12 Oil on Linen 'Ahihi Kanea Sunset' 16x20 Oil on Linen'Old Friends' 10x10 Oil on Linen'Testing the Water' 20x12 Oil on Linen'Singing The Blues' 12x6 Oil on Linen'New Fly' 6x12 Oil on Linen'Below the Needle' 40x60 Oil on Linen'Relentless' 24x24 Oil on Linen'Timberline Falls' 24x24 Oil on Linen'Sunrise on Moran Point' 48x24 Oil on Linen'Long Day in the Saddle' 20x24 Oil on Linen'Shelter From The Storm' 24X16 Oil'Arkansas Uplift' 12x12 Oil on Linen

The style I paint in is known as Impressionistic Realism.  It’s a versatile yet challenging mode of expression through which the poetry of a subject is preserved and paramount. To find eternal balance in the elegant dance of light and form is my highest inspiration.  Through the congruence of our visual vocabulary and shared human experience, I am able to imply detail without overstating it. Brushwork and palette knife together create a textural Impressionism and paint quality which entice a closer look, while it is through a little distance that my paintings become Realistic portals into a time and place. Painted like memories of the “here and now,” they depict the variety of life in the 21st Century and often include man-made objects, figures, or animals. Through my work, I sincerely hope to remind and inspire others to take time to see just how amazing this existence is. Enjoy.

10 Comments

1. Lyn Withey October 12, 2016 at 12:43 pm #

Josh,
    We enjoyed visiting with you at the Grand Canyon. Will you be doing any special activity or showing at the Sedona festival? We are trying to figur out best days to go and would love to see you and your paintings. Still interested in a river raft painting, not as large as yours at the Grand Canyon.
    Lyn Withey

2. Patricia Rhea October 29, 2016 at 6:49 pm #

Hi Josh, I was searching the archives for my family tree and happen upon this website. Would love to view your art and I’ll search for you now Facebook. My grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Bean Bolick and her father was Enoch Edkard Bean. Which I traced back to this Joshua Bean, of Exeter. They say that Been and Bean name is derived from McBain.
    Just happens that I am an artist too! Funny if we were related!😀😎

3. Patricia Rhea October 29, 2016 at 6:59 pm #

Josh, I found your posted artwork above and it’s wonderful! Guess it hadn’t uploaded when I first look at this site. You’re way out of my league fellow! I don’t have a style, if I had one I suppose I would say it’s Pat’s style!!😆

4. john cena November 23, 2016 at 11:47 pm #

Greetings!
    My name is john Cena from SC. I actually observed my wife has
    been viewing your website on my laptop and i guess she likes your
    piece of work, I’m also impressed and amazed to have seen your various
    works too, : ) You are doing a great job. I would like to receive
    further information about your piece of work and what inspires you. I
    am very much interested in the purchase of the piece (in subject field
    above) to surprise my wife. Kindly confirm the availability for
    immediate sales.
    Thanks and best regards,
    john.

5. Gary Miller December 1, 2016 at 3:01 pm #

Hello Joshua,

I have purchased the last 4 annual “oil painting calendar’s”; but, don’t see 2017 calendar … did I miss something?

Gary

6. steve link December 11, 2016 at 8:10 pm #

I like your paintings!

7. jbeen December 12, 2016 at 12:26 pm #

Gary, Sincere thanks for checking. You’re not missing anything. We just plan to put out an 18 month one in June, and didn’t want to be redundant. Should have put one out for 2016, but didn’t have the fore sight. ugh.

8. jbeen December 12, 2016 at 12:54 pm #

EVERYONE, I’d like to introduce the jackass of the YEAR. Almost fell for it the first time. Now, I can spot it from a mile away. This piece of shit wants to steal a work of art, and empty your bank account.
    Here’s the breakdown:
    Me, “Oh fantastic, which does she like?”
    Fuckface, “Such and such.”
    Me, “Such and Such costs whatever amount.”
    Asshat, “Ok, we’ll take it.” And this is where it starts go awry, and makes it easy to see. “I’m over seas and my shipper will pick up the painting. I will send you a check for the painting plus extra to pay my shipper cash upon picking up the painting.”
    Me, an artist of disciplined hardworking study and dedication to the artform of representational landscape painting, in need of a nice sale at all times, and more than slightly leery, “OK, we’ll have to wait until the check clears before being able to send off the painting.” I say, thinking I was protecting myself.
    Shithead,” No, problem” and he sends the check, giving me some shipping specifics.
    My brilliant wife, Laura, even more leery than I, gumshoed into it a bit further, speaking to a banker.
    Turns out, in about 3 days, what you thought was a check clearing timespan, is the bank being able to hold funds for whatever reason when you cash any check. It can be actually up to 20 business days for the check to actually clear. It’s in the time period of after the 3 days, and this up to three week thing where they want to work this. Obviously, after you have the cash in hand, and the check hasn’t been found out a fraud yet.
    Finding out the latter, upon receiving an enormously over-the-amount written check, we wrote back, “The shipping times will not work for us unless the check clears first. We’re going to have to wait and check on the check before sending the painting. You’re shipper will have to get paid in another fashion, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.” Then I even put,”There have been some scams reported that have a similar feel to this arrangement, so you’ll understand when we have to be sure.”
    This, of course, was not ok with Fuckface. And it ended when I informed him that I have an FBI agent collector of my work, and that I would forward all correspondence to him.

9. jbeen December 12, 2016 at 12:56 pm #

Very interesting. Yes, please connect on Facebook or Instagram!

10. jbeen December 12, 2016 at 12:58 pm #

Sounds good, lets make it happen!! Back in Colorado now for a few months. use: joshua.been.prolificpainter@gmail.com
    JB